Events @ Trinidad State

FREE Tax Assistance

600 Prospect Street
Berg Room 303

People who are getting their taxes prepared at Trinidad State should bring the following documents:

  • All W-2, 1099s and other income-related documents.
  • Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, college education expenses, charitable contributions, and all other tax-deductible expenses.
  • For college expenses: In addition to Form 1098T from your college, you must bring your own records of expenses paid for tuition, books, fees and supplies.
  • Social Security cards (or ITINs) for all family members. Photo I.D. required.
  • A copy of last year’s tax returns, if available.
  • Bank account number and routing number to direct deposit the refund. With direct deposit, refunds are received in 10 to 14 days.

FREE Tax Assistance

Learning Center
1011 Main Street Room 202

IRS-Certified College Students providing Free Tax Preparation

Required Documents:

  • Social Security Cards or Individual Taxpayer ID Nbr (ITIN) Cards/Letters for each person listed on the Return.
  • Photo I.D. for primary taxpayer and spouse (if applicable).
  • W-2 or 1099 for each job held during the 2016 year.
  • If filing jointly, spouse must be present to file electronically.
  • Copy of last year’s return.
  • Bank account number and routing number if selecting Direct Deposit refund.
  • 1095-A, if taxpayer purchased health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado.

Will Prepare:

  • Form 1040 (Individual income Tax Return)
  • Schedules A and B (Itemized Deductions, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV)
  • Schedule C-EZ (Business Income, with expenses < $5,000 and no business losses, no more than one business per taxpayer)
  • Schedule C (Business Income, with expenses<$10,000, same guidelines as C-EZ guidelines)
  • Schedule D (Capital Gains and Losses)
  • Schedule E (only for Oil and Gas Royalties < $100)
  • Schedule EIC (Earned Income Tax Credit)
  • Schedule K-1 (Royalty Income Tax Credit)
  • Form 1099-R (Retirement Benefits)
  • Form SSA-1099 (Social Security Benefit Statement)
  • Form 2106-EZ (Employee Business Expenses)
  • Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit)
  • Form 3903 (Moving Expenses)
  • Form 5695 (Residential Energy Credits)
  • Form 8863 (Education Credits)
  • Form 8880 (Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions)
  • Form 8962 (Premium Tax Credit for Health Coverage, 1095-A)
  • Form 8965 (Health Coverage Exemptions, exemption from Marketplace)
  • Colorado State Tax Return
  • Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate (104PTC)

Will NOT Prepare:

  • Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business with employees, inventory, net loss, depreciation, accrual basis, more than one business)
  • Schedule E (Rentals & Royalties)
  • Schedule F (Farm Income)
  • Form SS-5 (Request for Social Security Number)
  • Form 1040NR (Nonresident Alien Tax Return)
  • Form 8605 (Non-deductible IRA)
  • Form 8615 (Minor’s Investment Income)
  • Other (non-Colorado) State Tax Returns