FREE Tax Assistance
1011 Main Street Room 202
- February 1 - March 15
- Thursdays, 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Click here for more details about options on the Valley Campus.
- Haga clic aquí para más detalles Acerca de las opciones en el campus Valley.
IRS-Certified College Students providing Free Tax Preparation
- Social Security Cards or Individual Taxpayer ID Nbr (ITIN) Cards/Letters for each person listed on the Return.
- Photo I.D. for primary taxpayer and spouse (if applicable).
- W-2 or 1099 for each job held during the 2016 year.
- If filing jointly, spouse must be present to file electronically.
- Copy of last year’s return.
- Bank account number and routing number if selecting Direct Deposit refund.
- 1095-A, if taxpayer purchased health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado.
- Form 1040 (Individual income Tax Return)
- Schedules A and B (Itemized Deductions, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV)
- Schedule C-EZ (Business Income, with expenses < $5,000 and no business losses, no more than one business per taxpayer)
- Schedule C (Business Income, with expenses<$10,000, same guidelines as C-EZ guidelines)
- Schedule D (Capital Gains and Losses)
- Schedule E (only for Oil and Gas Royalties < $100)
- Schedule EIC (Earned Income Tax Credit)
- Schedule K-1 (Royalty Income Tax Credit)
- Form 1099-R (Retirement Benefits)
- Form SSA-1099 (Social Security Benefit Statement)
- Form 2106-EZ (Employee Business Expenses)
- Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit)
- Form 3903 (Moving Expenses)
- Form 5695 (Residential Energy Credits)
- Form 8863 (Education Credits)
- Form 8880 (Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions)
- Form 8962 (Premium Tax Credit for Health Coverage, 1095-A)
- Form 8965 (Health Coverage Exemptions, exemption from Marketplace)
- Colorado State Tax Return
- Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate (104PTC)
Will NOT Prepare:
- Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business with employees, inventory, net loss, depreciation, accrual basis, more than one business)
- Schedule E (Rentals & Royalties)
- Schedule F (Farm Income)
- Form SS-5 (Request for Social Security Number)
- Form 1040NR (Nonresident Alien Tax Return)
- Form 8605 (Non-deductible IRA)
- Form 8615 (Minor’s Investment Income)
- Other (non-Colorado) State Tax Returns