You must receive exit counseling before you leave school to make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities as a borrower. You will receive information about repayment and your loan provider will notify you of the date loan repayment begins (usually six months after you graduate, leave school or drop below half-time enrollment). Half time at TSJC is defined as six to eight credit hours for each semester in attendance (Fall, Spring and Summer).
Complete Exit Counseling
On-line Exit counseling Instructions for Federal Direct Loan Borrowers:
- Visit https://studentloans.gov
- Enter your FSA Username and Password
- Select “Complete counseling”, scroll to the bottom, and click “Start” in the Exit Counseling box
- Select Trinidad State Junior College as the school to notify on the left, Click “Notify School”
- Click “Continue”
- Complete all the steps
- Print the confirmation page (optional)
Contact the Financial Aid Office via email for further information.