The Occupational Safety and Health Technology Program (OSHT) is available completely online. OSH online courses and some required general education courses are offered via TSJC Online, while the remaining general education courses required for the degree are available through the Colorado Community Colleges Online (www.ccconline.org) consortium. Students may register for both TSJC Online and CCCOnline courses through Trinidad State, so only a single college application to Trinidad State is required.
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health Technology is accredited by the Applied Science Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The mission of the Occupational Safety and Health Technology Program is to provide a high quality education that develops students in preparation for entering the career field, enhancing technical and leadership skills, and/or providing a foundation for students to pursue advanced degrees in the career field.
- AAS - Occupational Safety & Health
- Certificate - Occupational Safety & Health
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree in OSH will be prepared to:
- Perform basic occupational safety and health functions.
- Apply a working knowledge of mathematics, sciences, and other related disciplines to conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret data to solve safety and health related issues.
- Identify, formulate, and solve applied science problems, using the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for professional practice.
- Apply the principles of industrial hygiene and toxicology, and use fundamental exposure measurement techniques.
- Exhibit teamwork.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Evaluate the relevance of contemporary issues in occupational safety and health.
- Identify principles of professional and ethical responsibility for safety and health professionals.
- Apply principles of safety and health through mentored supervised learning experiences.
Program Educational Objectives
The OSHT program educational objectives state that within two years following graduation from the AAS degree program, graduates should be able to:
- Anticipate, recognize, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices affecting people, property, and the environment.
- Apply appropriate strategies designed to mitigate risk.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern scientific and technical tools necessary for professional practice.
Plan of Study
Degree/Price per course
Certificate/Price per course
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Program Enrollment and Degree Data (pdf) - Trinidad State Occupational Safety and Health Technology
Gainful Employment Information
Occupational Safety and Health Job Postings/Resources