The Occupational Safety and Health Technology Program (OSHT) is available completely online. OSH online courses and some required general education courses are offered via TSJC Online, while the remaining general education courses required for the degree are available through the Colorado Community Colleges Online (www.ccconline.org) consortium. Students may register for both TSJC Online and CCCOnline courses through Trinidad State, so only a single college application to Trinidad State is required.
The mission of the Occupational Safety and Health Technology Program is to provide a high quality education that develops students in preparation for entering the career field, enhancing technical and leadership skills, and/or providing a foundation for students to pursue advanced degrees in the career field.
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health Technology is accredited by the Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The OSHT program goals address the specific performance outcomes necessary for success of the entry-level safety technician with an Associate of Applied Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health Technology. Upon graduation, the Trinidad State Occupational Safety and Health technician will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline.
- Conduct experiments or test theories, and analyze and interpret data.
- Function on teams.
- Identify principles of professional and ethical responsibility for safety and health professionals.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Apply principles of safety and health through mentored supervised learning experiences.
The OSHT program educational objectives state that within two years following graduation from the AAS degree program, graduates should be able to:
- Anticipate, recognize, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices affecting people, property, and the environment.
- Apply appropriate strategies designed to mitigate risk.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern scientific and technical tools necessary for professional practice.
- Occupational Safety & Health AAS
- Occupational Safety & Health Certificate
- Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data:
- Program Enrollment and Degree Data - Trinidad State Occupational Safety and Health Technology
- Occupational Safety and Health Job Postings/Resources:
- Click here for the latest job offerings and timely resources