The Criminal Justice program prepares students for careers in law enforcement, corrections, and social services by providing curriculum related to upholding social control, deterring and mitigating crime, and sanctioning those who violate laws with criminal penalties and rehabilitation efforts.
- AA - Criminal Justice
- AAS - Criminal Justice
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree in criminal justices will be prepared to:
- Think critically about the causes and consequences of crime and deviance.
- Communicate the relationship between how laws are written and their impact on the rights of individuals and society.
- Communicate effectively using interviewing and interrogation skills for dealing with victims and suspects and when testifying in a court of law.
- Apply investigative techniques, logic, and critical thinking skills to bring a case to its logical conclusion.
- Relates in a multicultural society as a mature, adaptable citizen, while meeting the needs and challenges of clients and communities.
Gainful Employment Information
Plan of Study