General Education 42*
Major Requirements 18
Total Credit Hours Required 60
Our goal is that all students will understand and do mathematics that at all levels they develop both conceptual understanding and procedural fluency. We are committed to ensuring that our students gain competence in problem-solving, reasoning and proof, communication, connections, and representation with regard to whatever mathematical content they are studying. Students will understand that mathematics is both a tool and a way of thinking that can be used to address problems in the world. For every mathematical process students learn, it is our goal that they have a deep understanding of that process and why that process works.
Specifically the mission of the mathematics faculty is to:
- Develop and enhance our student’s abilities to reason logically, communicate technically, and think critically.
- Develop an appreciation for the utility and power of mathematics.
- Equip our students with the mathematical tools and strategies necessary to be lifelong learners and productive members in our evolving society
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Use and synthesize mathematical data using scientific methods to solve problems and generate reasonable conclusions that fit the parameters of the problem.
- Demonstrate understanding of mathematics beyond more ability to perform calculations.
- Demonstrate the ability to use appropriate technology to find a model and then use the model to solve problems.
Gainful Employment Information