The Trinidad State Educational Foundation
Sharing the Vision, Securing the Future.
Donor Giving Guidelines
The gifts invited are an investment in the future development of Trinidad State Junior College and the communities it serves; an investment that will enhance the services and educational opportunities offered by TSJC.
Donors may contribute funds to match a particular program of their interest that fits within the College’s and Foundation’s priorities;
Or donors may contribute unrestricted funds to be applied at the Foundation Board’s discretion for emerging challenges and needs not previously allocated.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors and professional staff are available to work with donors to determine how best to accomplish their charitable objectives. From inception to completion, the Foundation will ensure that the funds are used in strict accordance with the donor’s wishes.
A Donor Bill of Rights
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC)
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC)
National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG)
Council for Resource Development (CRD)
United Way of America
The Foundation's mission is to support the growth and development of Trinidad State Junior College.