- Associate Degree in Nursing
- BSN through Dual Enrollment
- PN exit
- LPN to ADN option
The Nursing Department provides quality education that prepares the learner to become a member of the profession of nursing, meeting the needs of a diverse population, in an ever-changing health care environment in both rural and/or urban settings.
Degrees/Certificates:AAS - Nursing
AAS - Practical Nurse to Associate Nurse
Certificate - Nursing (Practical Nurse exit option)
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree in Nursing will be prepared to:
- Provide safe, quality, evidence-based, patient-centered nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings to diverse patient populations across the lifespan.
- Engage in critical thinking and clinical reasoning to make patient-centered care decisions.
- Implement quality measures to improve patient care.
- Participate in collaborative relationships with members of the interdisciplinary team, the patient, and the patient’s support persons.
- Use information management principles, techniques, and systems, and patient care technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Provide leadership in a variety of healthcare settings for diverse patient populations.
- Assimilate professional, legal, and ethical guidelines in practice as a professional nurse.
- Promote a culture of caring to provide holistic, compassionate, culturally-competent care.
Gainful Employment Information
Plan of Study