Bridge to Bachelor's Degree Program
Your Guaranteed Pathway to a Four-Year Degree in Colorado
Trinidad State's Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program ensures first-time students are guaranteed admission to a participating four-year college or university upon completion of an Associate degree.
Benefits to Students
Trinidad State students who participate in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree program will have access to:
- Personalized student advising and guidance to ensure credits and administrative supports are in place to easily transfer to a desired four-year program.
- Scholarship opportunities to make degrees from a four-year institution more attainable and affordable.
- A no-hassle transfer process between participating two-year and four-year programs, ensuring a smooth transition.
The Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree program is made possible through collaborative agreements
between CCCS and select Colorado four-year universities. Thanks to these creative
partnerships, more Colorado students will be able to attend college and complete their
Click on the college logos below to learn more and for Bridge to Bachelors Advisors contact information to answer your questions.
How to Apply
For new, first-time students at Trinidad State:
- Indicate that you want to participate in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree program when filling out your Trinidad State application.
- Review with your college advisor to make sure your intended degree and program are eligible.
For existing Trinidad State students in their first semester:
- You can still apply by contacting your community college advisor and expressing interest in signing up for the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree program.
Requirements to Transfer
A first-time Trinidad State student must:
- Opt-in the program at the start of your Associate degree program at Trinidad State, or within the first semester
- Maintain a 2.0 minimum GPA
- Complete any Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) Degree
- That’s it!
Our mission is to enrich the lives of our diverse communities by providing quality educational experiences and promoting lifelong learning.
- Who can join the program?
The Bridge to Bachelor’s Program is designed to start with the end in mind – achieving a Bachelor’s degree by completing an Associate degree at Trinidad State before transferring to the university. The program is structured to allow both intuitions to work together in order to maximize support to students through completion, without having to re-take credits, take additional credits, or take out additional debt. If a student is identified later who would be a good match for the program, they can be added later, but would need approval from both Trinidad State and the university.
- Why is the Bridge to Bachelor’s Program only for “new, first-time students”?
The Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program is perfect for students who want or plan to attend a university even if they were denied admission previously. CCCS Colleges accept anyone who applies and all new, first-time students may sign up for this program, which guarantees them admission to a participating university.
- Are there any requirements, like testing or GPA, needed to join the program?
Thankfully the answer is “no”. No testing is required and high school grade point average (GPA) does not affect a student’s ability to participate in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program. CCCS Colleges accept anyone who applies and all new, first-time students may sign up for this program, which guarantees them admission to a participating university.
- How do I sign up for the program?
When filling out your application to Trinidad State, you will be prompted to participate in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program. Select that you are interested and then select your top two university choices to transfer to upon completion of your Associate degree. If selections are not made, don’t worry, you will still be signed up for the program and you’ll be able to choose your university later on with the help of your Trinidad State advisor.
- What if I already applied to Trinidad State but didn’t sign up and want to participate
in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program?
If you are still in your first semester, you can sign up for the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program by logging into your Trinidad State portal. In the Student tab, click on the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree icon to sign up. You can also sign up by contacting your community college advisor.
- I already completed my first semester, how do I sign up for the program?
The Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program is only open to new, first-time students in their first semester. However, in special cases students may sign up pending approvals from their Trinidad State advisor and the advisor at the student’s desired university. Interested students should contact their Trinidad State advisor for options. In addition to Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program, there are many great transfer opportunities including college-specific agreements with local universities, dual admissions programs, and statewide transfer agreements that also guarantee admission to a university at the junior level. For a full list of transfer options, students should contact their Trinidad State advisor.
- I signed up for the program, what happens next?
Great opportunity happens next!
Your Trinidad State advisor and the transfer advisor at your choice university will begin working with you to ensure you are on the right track to successfully complete your Associate degree and then transfer smoothly on to the university.
- Does the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program guarantee I will get into my first or
second university choice?
The Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program streamlines your transition to a participating university. Upon completion of your Associate degree, you are guaranteed admission to your choice university. To make your transition as smooth as possible, your Trinidad State advisor will help you understand your options, program requirements and keep you connected with the transfer advisor at your choice university.
- Do I need to pick a specific major or program in order to participate in the Bridge
to Bachelor’s Degree Program?
Any Associate of Art (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree program is eligible.
- Can I transfer into any major/program at my choice university?
For up-to-date information on specific programs and pathway options being offered, please visit our partner university websites.
- What if I want to change my university choice?
Once you start classes at Trinidad State, your advisor and university advisor will begin work behind the scenes to support your academic journey. If you want to change your first and/or second university option, please contact your Trinidad State advisor.
- How does my university advisor know I am in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program?
Participating universities will automatically receive information about students who sign up for the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program. Your university of choice will continue to receive your academic information from Trinidad State throughout the school year. Students will also receive communications from their choice university to increase support structures and to ensure a smooth transfer transition.
- What if I no longer want to participate in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program?
You are welcome to remain in the program just in case you change your mind. If you no longer want to participate, please contact your Trinidad State advisor.
- What are the requirements to transfer?
Students who successfully sign up for the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program will need to meet the following requirements in order to transfer to their choice university:
• Maintain a 2.0 minimum grade point average (GPA).
• Complete an Associate of Art (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree from Trinidad State.