The Las Animas County Writing Contest is seeking authors for this year’s Creative Writing Publication. If you are a student in grades K-12 and would like to have your story or poem published in this year’s book please read the following.
This year’s theme is OPEN (Fiction, Poetry, and Creative Essays).
Authors are encouraged to write an original piece. The author determines length, style and topic. Awards and prizes will be given to the top submissions.
All contestants are invited to the Writing Contest Awards Ceremony!
- All submissions must be the original work of the author and will be checked for plagiarism.
- The content must be suitable for a K-12 audience.
- All submissions must be typed and submitted utilizing the form on this page.
- Only one submission per student.
- Students will compete in one of four class groupings:
- There will be at least 12 Winners:
1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- NEW! Two (2) $500 Scholarships!
( Only available to local Seniors )
- All entries will be made available as a BOOK!
( for sale at Trinidad's First National Bank when completed )
- Submissions should include the following:
- Student’s Name, age, grade, school
- Contact person’s information – Teacher//Parent//Guardian
- Original artwork, that accompanies story may be scanned and sent along with story to be published. This includes the written work of younger entries if desired.
- Please only upload word.doc / word.docx documents
- Please keep submissions below 1,500 words
- All submissions are due no later than MARCH 15, 2021 to be eligible.
- For more information please contact Dustin Hyman and Tom Nordgren at
TSJC.WritingContest@trinidadstate.edu or 719-846-5709.