Zero-Cost Training for In-Demand Jobs!
Ready for a Career Change
Take the first step with Trinidad State College and Career Advance Colorado! Thanks to this state program, you can get free training in rewarding fields that move Colorado.
How Does It Work?
Starting in August 2023, students who enroll in these training programs will have their tuition, fees, course materials, and other costs covered:
- Early Childhood Education
- Law Enforcement
Get Started Today:
To enroll, you must:
- Apply for admission to Trinidad State College and receive your student identification
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Application process may take up to 10 days.
- Create and authorize the College Opportunity Fund (COF)
- Register for classes with an Advisor:
- Colorado Resident
- Good Academic Standing (2.0 grade point average or higher)
~ Main Website ~
- The Career Advance Colorado program provides free training for in-demand jobs through the state’s 19 community and technical colleges.
- Students who enroll in qualifying programs will have tuition, fees, course materials, and other costs completely covered while program funding is available.
- Qualifying programs include construction, education, early childhood education, firefighting, forestry, law enforcement, and nursing.
- Students must apply for federal and/or state financial aid to enroll in a Career Advance Colorado program. Prospective students should contact their intended community or technical college to discuss program options, financial aid processes, and application steps.
- Career Advance Colorado builds off the success of the state’s Care Forward Colorado program, which will continue to fully cover student costs for short-term healthcare training programs while program funding exists.
- Career Advance Colorado is funded through House Bill 23-1246, which dedicates $38.6 million to fully cover tuition, fees, and course materials costs for training programs in select fields with significant workforce shortages.
- The bill was signed by Gov. Polis in May 2023 and sponsored by Colorado House Speaker Julie McCluskie, Sens. Janet Buckner and Perry Will, and Rep. Rose Pugliese.
- The program builds on the Care Forward Colorado program, established by Senate Bill 22-226. The Care Forward Colorado program will run concurrently with Career Advance Colorado as program funding is available.
Interested in More Healthcare Careers?
The state’s Care Forward Colorado program covers costs for short-term healthcare programs
at Trinidad State College.
Learn more here!
Trinidad State is a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI)