Follow the steps below to apply for Financial Aid
- File an application for admission to Trinidad State College.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Submit a renewal FAFSA
form for each year after the first. The federal code for TSC is: 001368
- About a week after submitting your FAFSA, you may review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
on studentaid.gov, and you will receive the SAR report via email or mail within 3-4
weeks. Review the information for accuracy and contact the financial aid office if
there are any questions or corrections about the SAR.
- Once TSC has received FAFSA, check your student portal for any additional documentation
that financial aid is requiring. Check under the “Financial Aid Requirements”, “Financial
Aid Awards” AND “Pay my Bill” icons for any updates on aid.
- If you were selected for verification, see Part 1 of the SAR, or find the requirement
in your portal under the “Financial Aid Requirements” icon. You must provide the Financial
Aid Office with the documents to verify taxed and untaxed income and complete the
verification worksheet. Verification worksheets may be obtained on the TSC financial
aid website under “Forms”, or in the Financial Aid Office.
- If your financial aid application is complete and has been verified, if necessary, you will be mailed an award notice indication how much, and the different types of aid you have been awarded. Keep this information for your records. This information may also be obtained from NSLDS.gov or your student portal.